Bronchial asthma is a chronic disease of the respiratory tract accompanied by repeated attacks of suffocation, caused by spasms and swelling of the bronchial mucosa.
Currently, bronchial asthma is considered a serious problem of modern society, because it is characterized by a progressive course. This pathology can’t be cured completely, and patients are forced to suffer from frequent asthma attacks, which significantly worsens the quality of their life.
Inflammatory processes in asthma have their own specificity because they are based on an allergic component.
Bronchial asthma is considered a chronic process. At the initial stages of the disease, seizures develop rapidly and disappear quickly. Over time, they usually become more frequent and less sensitive to medical interventions.
Asthma: Causes and Risk Factors
The exact causes of asthma are not known. Usually, it is caused by a combination of different causes, one of the most significant is heredity.
- The factors provoking asthma symptoms and attacks of asthma include physical activity, allergens, irritants, viral infections;
- The most common allergens are wool and animal skin particles, feathers, dust mites, plant pollen, mold, cockroaches;
- Irritants include tobacco smoke, strong smells of paint or foods, air pollution, weather change, cold air, flavors, strong emotions, stress;
- Other factors: medications, sulfites in food, infection, gastroesophageal reflux disease;
- A reaction can be caused by one factor or their combination;
- People who work in dusty rooms, with chemical compounds have an increased risk of developing asthma.
The goal of asthma treatment is long-term control over the disease. My Canadian Pharmacy has certain recommendations and medications for asthma:
- Keep in constant contact with a doctor to respond in a timely manner to an unusual situation;
- Follow the doctor’s recommendations;
- Avoid respiratory irritants;
- Regularly assess your condition.
There are two main types of medications used to treat bronchial asthma:
- Drugs for rapid relief of symptoms (bronchodilators like Ventolin inhaler (albuterol);
- Preparations for basic therapy (corticosteroids, long-acting bronchodilators).
Ventolin: the most effective asthma treatment
Ventolin aerosol for inhalations (salbutamol) is a popular inhaler for the treatment of asthma, used to relieve and prevent bronchospasm. Sometimes this product is considered to be a fast-acting inhaler since sometimes prescribed for asthma attacks because it helps to open the airways, facilitates the symptoms of bronchial obstruction, respiratory failure, and chest tightness. The drug is also prescribed for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and the prevention of bronchospasm which occurs during physical exercises.
Dosing and administration
The doctor will explain in detail how to use Ventolin for inhalation (salbutamol), and it is important to make sure that you know how to use an inhaler correctly. When using an inhaler, the medication with inhalation enters directly into the lungs. Patients may be prescribed two inhalations at intervals of 4 to 6 hours. If the drug is used to prevent bronchospasm caused by exercise, the doctor can prescribe two inhalations 15-30 minutes before the exercise.
Possible side effects caused by Ventolin inhaler may include:
- a headache;
- dry mouth;
- a sore throat.
You should report any side effects to your doctor. If you notice a tremor, anxiety, signs of lower potassium levels, hypertension, a breathing disorder, or any other signs after taking albuterol, immediately seek medical attention.
In rare cases, patients experience acute bronchial obstruction immediately after application of albuterol inhaler. This reaction is called paradoxical bronchospasm. If you have difficulty breathing after using Ventolin (salbutamol inhaler), seek emergency medical attention.
If you are prescribed a rapid-action Ventolin, you should always carry it with you.
You can buy Ventolin online in My Canadian Pharmacy on the most beneficial conditions. Remember, asthma is not a verdict! We can help you control it. Be healthy!